Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not A Total Failure.......

Last week's MPM started out wonderfully, with dinner ready when I got home, and us sitting at the table (!) to eat in about 20 minutes.  I have just a few things to work out:
  • I love to cook, but my husband doesn't eat a lot of meat, (and I don't eat ANY) so I always have left-over meat.   Our 7 yr. old is a "taster."  There isn't a problem with leftovers, specifically, but I need to be more diligent about using them.  Reincarnating them would be optimal.
  • The afore-mentioned husband is starting a new courier job today, which means that he will not be home for dinner.  This leaves me and the kid, aka the vegetarian and the taster.  I don't think I'm creative enough for this particular challenge.  I see a salad, veggie burgers and chicken tenders in our future.  Did I mention that my son is very, very picky? 
  • Last week's menu plan got side-tracked on day 4.  I don't remember exactly why, but I couldn't get it back on track.  I think my husband eventually ate the leftover ribs for lunch.  I used the remaining cole slaw mix to make more cole slaw for yesterday's barbecue, so we never did have fried cabbage.  On Saturday I had a migraine and slept most of the afternoon away, and husband went out and purchased a cheese hoagie, which he saved half of for me for when I woke up.  That was about 3:30, so it became too late to eat anything for dinner after that, and my son was at Grandma's, so we basically skipped dinner.  On Sunday, the kid went swimming with a friend after church, so my husband and I went to buy some new sneakers and grabbed a quick bite at Pizza Hut Bistro.
So I'm taking this week off from menu planning, and I'm gonna see how things work out for Gabe and I.  I will try to plan some dinners that might possibly appeal to both of us.  (Cheese quesadillas?, Grilled cheese?  See a pattern?)
In other news, if I can talk the husband into it, we are getting a d-o-g!  I may have to be a very, very, good wife for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment