Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Woo-Hoo, Houston, we have a menu!

Monday-Country Style BBQ spare-ribs (slow-cooker) and cole slaw

Tuesday-Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach

Wednesday-(Bible class after work) Greek salad

Thursday-Black Bean burgers, sweet potato fries

Friday-Pizza (BOGO at Shoprite) Date night

Saturday-Clean the Fridge leftovers

Sunday-Italian Sausage sandwiches, Fried Cabbage

I usually buy a head of cabbage for cole slaw, but I was at Sam's earlier this week, and a bag of cole slaw mix was cheaper than a head of cabbage at the supermarket, so I bought it.  Since it would make enough cole slaw for an army, I decided to also use it for my fried cabbage.  This will be a first, so I'll let you know how it comes out.  Basically, my fried cabbage is just thinly sliced cabbage and thinly sliced onion fried in a frying pan with olive oil and butter until browned and somewhat carmelized.

1 comment: